Saturday, January 1, 2011

The journey begins

One of my favorite books has this quote, which the author even admits is not original, "All stories, they say, begin in one of two ways: 'A stranger came to town,' or else, 'I set out upon a journey.'"

This, is a journey I have decided to embark upon for the year of 2011.  I will read a book a week, and discuss it.  I'm not sure yet what or how much I will say about it; that will probably vary book to book. 

The rules:
1 - I cannot have read the book before in it's entirety.
2 - I can have started the book before 2011 (my first four picks are in this category).
3 - My personal collection and the library will be my primary resources.  Given that I have enough books between my bookcase and the various boxes in the basement and attic to start my own library, I don't think this will be difficult until probably July.  :-)

I think that's it for now.  I will add rules as necessary as this goes on. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment